- Stiff Neck
- Frozen Shoulder
- Joint Pain
- Headaches and Migraine
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Lower Back Pain
- Muscle Tension
- Women’s Health
- Men’s Health
- Internal Diseases
- Sleeping Disorders
- Weight Management
Are acupuncture treatments painful?
Different individuals react differently to acupuncture treatment. Most people feel little to no pain as the needles are placed on their body. If you are feeling significant discomfort during a treatment, let your physician know as soon as possible and he will make adjustments to the needles.
Are the acupuncture needles safe?
All acupuncture needles used are pre-sterilized, individually packaged disposable needles, patients can rest assure that their hygiene and safety are our top priority.
Do TCM physicians only practice acupuncture?
Our TCM physician also practices other type of therapies, including cupping, electro-acupuncture and embed method. A thorough consultation is required so our physician can assess which treatment is best suited to each individual.
How deep do the needles penetrate?
The depth of each needle penetration is dependant on each individual diagnosis, the underlying anatomy of the points selected as well as the patient’s individual age and condition.
Is there anything I need to do before an acupuncture treatment?
- Maintaining good personal hygiene will reduce the possibility of bacterial infection.
- Avoid wearing any jewelry or watches.
- Wear comfortable and loose clothing
- Avoid receiving any treatment if you are extremely fatigued, hungry or in a highly emotional state.
What should I take note of during the acupuncture treatment?
- Relax and stay in a comfortable position.
- Do not make any sudden movements or change your body position suddenly.
- If you feel dizzy, nauseous or have difficulty breathing during your treatment, inform the physician immediately. You could possibly be suffering from what is commonly known as “needle shock”, and is usually due to anxiety.
- Inform your physician immediately if you are feeling any pain or uncomfortable sensations during your treatment so he/she can make proper adjustments.
Can acupuncture help me with my condition?
Acupuncture is a great alternative treatment to people who’s conditions have not responded to regular and traditional forms of treatment. However, different individuals respond differently to acupuncture treatments. While most people respond to treatments are a couple of days, it is also common to feel improvement immediately after treatment. There are also patients who notice a delayed improvement more than 3 days after treatment, and in some rare cases, do not respond to treatment at all.
How often do I need to receive acupuncture treatments?
The frequency as well as duration of each treatment is dependent on the nature, severity and the length of time you have lived with the condition. As a general rule, complex and chronic pain conditions will require more sessions. It is common for patients to be prescribed 5 – 10 treatment, twice a week, each lasting 30min.